To view our Transit Watch brochure, click here http://www.frta.org/wp-content/uploads/Transit-Watch.pdf
Transit Safety Tips
When traveling with the FRTA, customers may protect themselves from becoming victims of crime by keeping alert and following a few crime prevention techniques. The following information will help you in making your travels with the FRTA more enjoyable.
– Avoid talking to strangers, especially in isolated areas.
– Always be alert and aware of your surroundings and the people around you.
– Refrain from listening to music or wearing headphones while riding the transit system.
(iPods, cell phones and portable radios will distract you and could make you a potential target)
– If carrying a purse, hold it tightly and close to your body.
– If carrying a wallet, keep it in your front pocket.
– If you are attacked, scream to bring attention to yourself.
– Try to avoid isolated bus stops.
– Stand near others and in a well-lighted areas, move to your bus as it arrives.
– If trouble occurs, notify the bus driver. The bus driver can notify his/her dispatcher, who can then notify the police.
– Keep your luggage with you at all times, this helps avoid unnecessary security alerts and delays.
– Don’t purchase an FRTA ticket from people on the street. They might be counterfeit.
– Smoking is strictly prohibited on all FRTA property and vehicles.
– Please take your litter and put it in a bin when you leave the system, this helps us to keep your station, shelters and busses clean and free of debris.
Instincts tell you to do something?
When in Greenfield call:
BUS EMERGENCY INSTRUCTIONS